Each year tourists move in and out of states borders. Some come to relax and dine on good food, others come to shop, and there are those who are interested in the unique local attractions.
Whether you are from out of town, outside of the state, or a different country altogether, every tourist may face a certain amount of dangers. Both local residents and tourists are not omitted from encountering another person’s lack of judgment, malicious intent, or negligent behaviour. Consequently, you may be at risk for being involved in a:
- Car accident
- Rideshare accident
- Taxi accident
- Scooter accident
- Bicycle accident
- Boat accident
- ATV accident
- Slip and fall
- Premise liability accident
- Food poisoning
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- + more
As a personal injury lawyer in [location], we have helped local residents and tourists who have suffered harm from the wrongdoing of another person. If you have been injured as a tourist, we want you to know that you have the same rights as local residents. A personal injury lawyer can help you to better understand these rights and recover damages that may have resulted from your accident.
Accidents That Are More Common for Tourists
Personal injury law covers a broad scope of different accidents, injuries, and illnesses. Tourists may be more susceptible to being involved in certain situations that are related to their travels. Although being injured as a tourist in [location] is not as common as you might think, accidents do happen.
The following are some of the most common tourist-related accidents or injuries that may be applicable for a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer from our firm would be happy to listen to what happened to you so that you can make a sound decision on what to do next.
- Accommodation Negligence – These include, but are not limited to carbon monoxide poisoning, drowning, elevator or escalator accident, slip and fall, assault, and so forth.
- Museum Accident – These accidents may involve government agencies. If this is true, the laws are slightly different. The deadlines to file are also much shorter; thus you should not delay in calling a personal injury lawyer.
- Public Transportation Accident – Any accident on public transport, an airport shuttle, or bus may involve challenging factors that should be overseen by a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.
- Airport Accident – Slip and falls, turbulence, airplane crashes, food poisoning, and assault are just some examples of accidents that can happen at an airport.
- Shopping Center Accidents – Slip and falls, assault, food poisoning, elevator accidents, and more are all possible at a shopping center.
Tourists Should Be Wary of the Insurance Adjustor
If you were injured as a tourist, it is possible that the manager or owner of the establishment you were injured will report what happened to their insurance company. The same applies to the driver of a car. If the insurance company learns about you being away from home, they may utilize various tactics to try and get you to accept an offer and move forward with your life. This is more common in injuries that are serious or life-altering. A personal injury lawyer can help to prevent this from happening.
Returning to the location
Depending on the circumstances of your case and the state laws, you may not need to return to the location of the accident. Rather, your personal injury lawyer should be able to handle everything remotely. In the event of your case going to trial, you may be asked to return to the location during certain parts of the litigation process.
If you were involved in a tourist accident, you will need a personal injury lawyer, like a personal injury lawyer Trenton, NJ, to help you.
Thank you to Davis & Brusca, LLC for their insight into personal injury law.