If you live in Wisconsin and have been injured in a vehicle accident caused by a negligent party, you need a skilled car accident lawyer you can rely on to ensure you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Car accidents can happen in various ways, and when this happens, the devastation to follow can range from mild to severe. Common ways for a car accident to occur include:
There are a number of different causes of car accidents. Some of the most common we see at the cases we handle here at our personal injury law firm include:
· Drivers engaging in distracted driving behaviors
· Drivers operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
· Drivers who are inexperienced
· Drivers who are speeding or committing other traffic violations
· Drivers who engage in aggressive driving or road rage
· Defects in the design or manufacturing of a vehicle.
No matter what the cause of the accident that injured you was, it is critical to contact a car accident lawyer right away to ensure that all the evidence in your case is protected.
Steps to Take Following a Crash
If you have been involved in an accident and have suffered physical injuries, the road of recovery may feel incredibly challenging. Taking the following steps at the crash site and in the days following the accident can help in any car accident claim or lawsuit you may file:
· At the crash site, be very careful what you say to the other driver and to the police. Do not admit any type of fault, not even to say you are sorry the accident occurred. These seemingly innocent statements can be used against you by the insurance company to try to deny your claim. It is also important not to speak to the insurance company without consulting with your attorney first.
· Keep detailed records of all documents and information regarding the crash. This includes all information from the other driver, police reports, witness statements, medical records, and medical bills. It is also a good idea to keep a diary of your account of the crash and how your injuries are impacting your day-to-day life.
· Contact a car accident attorney right away. Your attorney will handle all communication with the other driver’s insurance company. The attorney will also guide you thought whatever legal steps are necessary to obtain a positive outcome in your case.
Contact Our Office Today
Having a skilled car accident attorney representing you can make all the difference when it comes to getting the full compensation you deserve for your losses. The professionals such as Hickey & Turm, SC have built a solid reputation for aggressively advocating for their clients. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation.